Mr. Tarun TanejaConsultant Orthopaedic Knee Surgeon
Hon.Clinical Senior Lecturer, Queen Mary University London
MS FRCS (Trauma & Orth) MCh Orth (Univ Edinburgh)
Fellow - European Board Orthopaedics
Dip Sports Med (International Olympic Comm.)
Mr Tarun Taneja is a fellowship trained Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon with a special interest in Knee surgery, including ACL reconstruction, meniscus injuries, sports ligament injuries and Knee replacement.
Mr Taneja trained on one of the oldest and most prestigious Orthopaedic programmes in the United Kingdom - Percival Potts, with its base at the Royal London Hospital. He is on the GMC Specialist Register for Trauma & Orthopaedics and has undertaken three knee fellowships, which focussed on treating Sports injuries. He was awarded the British Orthopaedic Sports Trauma & Arthroscopy Association (BOSTAA) fellowship, and visited Orthopaedic centres in Europe, including FIFA centres of excellence, to interact with leading Knee surgeons and observe the latest techniques to treat knee injuries. He was accepted as Fellow of the European Board of Orthopaedics in 2011. In 2017, he was awarded the Sports Medicine Diploma by the International Olympic Committee at the IOC headquarters in Switzerland. In 2019 he was elected an International member of the Arthroscopy Association of North America.
Mr Taneja has a special interest in all sports related Knee injuries, including ACL reconstruction, meniscal injuries, ligament injuries, which he has treated, using the latest surgical techniques. He also performs knee replacements for arthritis.
His current NHS base is the Homerton Hospital, which was the designated hospital for the 2012 London Olympics, and Mr Taneja works closely with Sports Medicine physicians and physiotherapists to treat sportspersons from different disciplines. Mr Taneja also operates at Barts Health. His Trauma practice includes surgical treatment of complex fractures and he has worked at the Level One Trauma Centre at The Royal London Hospital. He is the Trauma Director for the Homerton University Hospital NHS Trust and is on the steering committee of the North East London & Essex Trauma Network.
Mr Taneja provides personalised care for all his patients in order to help them recover quickly. When surgery is required, Mr Taneja will liaise closely with Physiotherapists and other professionals to ensure the best outcome following surgery.
Mr Taneja has a strong interest in teaching and has been training Registrars and Junior doctors in Orthopaedics for many years. He was awarded MCh (Master of Surgery) by the University of Edinburgh. He is Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer at the Queen Mary University London and has been a faculty member on courses and workshops. His interest in teaching complements his clinical work and ensures his patients receive the latest evidence-based care.
Mr Taneja firmly believes that good communication, compassion, respect and empathy are key to patient satisfaction and improved outcomes. He and his team will ensure you are comfortable, feel well looked after and have easy and convenient access to the team, both during, and following your treatment.
- ACL reconstruction
- Meniscus tears repair & surgery
- Total Knee replacement surgery
- Partial Knee replacement surgery
- Knee arthritis
- Knee ligament injuries
- Knee arthroscopy (keyhole surgery)
- Patella (Kneecap) problems
- Knee tendon problems & injuries
- Fractures-surgical fixation (ORIF – open reduction & internal fixation)
- MS ( Master of Surgery – Orthopaedics )
- MRCS ( Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh)
- FRCS ( Trauma & Orthopaedics ) – Royal College of Surgeons
- MCh ( Orthopaedics ) – University of Edinburgh
- Fellow of the European Board of Orthopaedics
- Dip Sports Med. ( International Olympic Committee)
- Consultant Orthopaedic Knee Surgeon - BMI The London Independent Hospital
- Consultant Orthopaedic Knee Surgeon - Highgate Private Hospital
- Consultant Orthopaedic Knee Surgeon – Homerton University Hospital
- Hon. Clinical Senior Lecturer – Queen Mary University London
- Trauma Director – Homerton University Hospital
- North East London & Essex Trauma Network Steering Committee member
- Sports & Arthroplasty Knee Fellowships
- Wrightington Hospital (WWL Teaching Hospitals )
- Harrogate & District NHS Foundation Trust
- o University Hospital Llandough (Cardiff & Vale University Health Board )
- Percivall Pott Programme
- The Royal London Hospital
- Norfolk & Norwich University Hospitals
- Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow, Essex
- Whittington Health NHS Trust
- Basildon & Thurrock University Hospitals
- Centre Orthopedique Santy , Lyon, France ( FIFA centre of excellence ).
- Hopital Prive De L’Estuaire, Le Havre, France.
- Ambroise Pare University Hospital, Paris
- British Association for Surgery of the Knee (BASK)
- The European Society of Sports Traumatology, Knee arthroscopy & Surgery (ESSKA)
- The Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
- British Orthopaedic Sports Trauma & Arthroscopy Association (BOSTAA)
- British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
- Orthopaedic Trauma Society (OTS) UK
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons
- British Medical Association (BMA)
17-19 View Road
London, N6 4DJ
Mr Taneja’s secretary:
Highgate Hospital Outpatient Enquiries:
1 Beaumont Square
London, E1 4NL
Mr Taneja’s secretary:
BMI The London Independent Hospital: